Nominate a Community Member for the Gene Schultz Community Service Award
GENE SCHULTZ COMMUNITY SERVICE AWARD 2023
SELECTION PROCESS AND CRITERIA
Each year, Greater Ottumwa Partners in Progress presents the Gene Schultz Community Service Award to an individual whose volunteer service to the community best exemplifies Gene’s own commitment.
Criteria for selection:
The following will be some of the elements of the qualities found in winning candidates:
- Contributes to the betterment of their workplace, church, community, and family
- Participates in civic activity
- Is proud of the Ottumwa community
- Is enthusiastic about the community
- Is a person who makes a difference in the lives of the people and the community
- Is a worker as well as an organizer
- Promotes Ottumwa
- Allegiance is to the community as a whole rather than to one group
- No selfish motivation
- Gives others credit and recognition
Anyone who promotes the Ottumwa community is eligible. The place of residence is less relevant than the fact that the person promotes Ottumwa.
Gene Schultz Award
Nominations can be submitted by any citizen here or by completing a standard nomination form which is available at the Greater Ottumwa Partners in Progress office, 217 East Main Street.
A committee of members will be appointed, including the following:
- Rose Schultz / Daughter-Sharlene Kenyon
- Representative of Greater Ottumwa Partners in Progress
- Community representative for labor
- Community representative for sports and recreation
- Representative from the Ottumwa Area Fellowship of Churches
- Representative from the media
- Mayor of Ottumwa
- Most recent past recipients of the award
Deadline for nominations is September 30, 2023.
The award will be presented at the
Greater Ottumwa Partners in Progress Banquet October 12th.