Request Ribbon Cutting
What would be ideal days and times to schedule ribbon cuttings:
Schedule your event at least two weeks in advance. The best time to schedule a Ribbon Cutting is on a Monday-Friday between the hours of 10am-4pm. While Greater Ottumwa Partners in Progress works hard to accommodate scheduling preferences of business, we must also consider the availability of the Ambassadors, Staff and City Officials to ensure a successful event. Ideally, it is best to work with us before selecting a date.
The ceremony itself runs anywhere from 10-15 minutes. Before the ribbon is cut and pictures are taken, welcoming remarks are given by an Ambassador and followed by an opportunity for a representative of the business to speak briefly.
Attendance at ribbon cutting ceremonies varies widely depending on the time and date selected and how much promotion is done on behalf of the business.
Ribbon Cutting Ceremonies are free!
Ribbon Cutting ceremonies are typically held for the following occasions:
- Welcoming a new business to Ottumwa (can be held up to 1 year after opening)
- Celebration of a milestone anniversary (5yr, 10yr, 25yr, etc.)
- Celebrating a relocation or major renovation/remodel
- Breaking ground on a new development
To make your ceremony a success, the GOPIP Ambassadors will:
- Promote your opening by making a Facebook Event
- Arrange for the Greater Ottumwa Partners in Progress Executive Director and City Mayor to appear (In their absence, a designee will be present)
- Provide the BIG scissors and ribbon for the ceremony
- Take pictures which will be posted on social media and the Greater Ottumwa Partners in Progress Newsletter
To make your ceremony a success, you might consider:
- Inviting friends, family, customers, etc.
- Designating a representative in advance to give remarks at the ribbon cutting
- Providing tours at the event
- Placing businesses cards and/or brochures around common area
- Serving light snacks and/or beverages (This is optional. Serving refreshments may encourage guests to stick around for a bit)
Call 641-682-3465, or Email at email@example.com to schedule your ribbon cutting today!